As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

Prompt Response: As I grow older and face new experiences I think I will have to stand up most often for my learning disabilities. Throughout school this has been a challenging topic because lots of friends, teachers and administrators don't want to nor try to understand how severely dyslexic I am. Throughout the past two years in high school many of my teachers fail to let me use my 504 plan accordingly and the administrators have messed up AP testing due to not submitting my 504 requirements to college board in time. Due to the struggles I have faced in school and my friends making fun of me for not being able to spell simple words I believe for the rest of my life I will have to stand up for myself to bosses, friends and college professors to explain that I was born with these learning disabilities and I am trying my very best everyday to overcome them. 

Summary: Today in class, we learned and looked at PowerPoint about Arguments. 

Reflection: I loved learning about this topic because I don't really think it's a deeply covered topic. I learned how everything is an argument which got me thinking a lot. I also liked how we went over Logos, Pathos, and Ethos because I needed a refresher on those topics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe something you will never fully understand.

Write about something that you believed as a child.