How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?
Prompt Response: I have lived in Atlanta for my whole life. Living here is so awesome because there is so much history, diversity and different cultures here that helps shape me as a human. Being an Atlanta Citizen has influenced the way that I see my community because walking through Martin Luther Kings house in 8th grade really made me realize that not everyone feels seen and loved. That has influenced the way that I see my community because I want to share love and respect to everyone no matter their race, culture, gender ect. If I was speaking to someone unfamiliar with my community I would tell them that this is a special place with very special people and to know is to love. Our community feels so connected and loved which makes it so unique.
Summary: Today in class, we looked at a speech recited by Mayor Bottoms in response to the violent protests around the City of Atlanta. We also filled out a sheet on rhetorical situations and choices.
Reflection: I really enjoyed what we did in class today. Dissecting Bottoms speech really makes me think in many different ways about what she was saying and her point. I really liked filling out the sheet because it made me understand rhetorical situations and choices better.
Comments
Post a Comment