Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Last week rumors were spreading that I cheated on my then boyfriend. Those rumors are so far from the truth so I had to persuade people and make sure they did not believe that terrible lie. I used pathos to explain to my friends how I felt in this situation and how upset I was that people thought I cheated. I also used logos to explain exactly what happened and provided facts and reasons why these rumors did not make any sense. I think that logos was most effective because providing the facts helped show and prove to people that I was telling the truth.
Summary: Today in class we looked and read through a Power-point specifically looking at logos, pathos and ethos. We also looked at examples and political videos and decided whether it was ethos, pathos or logos.
Reflection: I gained a deeper understanding of logos, pathos and ethos by looking at different examples and videos. I used this deeper understanding to think about today's blog prompt and respond to it. I really liked today's lesson and grasping a deeper understanding of this topic.
Comments
Post a Comment