After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

Prompt Response: Two important takeaways that I learned that I can apply to my own writing is that the evidence needs to connect the claims and the commentary should explain how and why. I learned many things from the Ap Lang Rubric. First, the thesis is the easiest point to earn. I learned that it doesn't necessarily need to be in the introduction but its best fit there. When looking at the past Ap Lang essays during class, the perfect scored one had there thesis in the introduction. They also had many evidences in which addressed all claims as well as had much commentary which explained all evidences. Seeing that example I grasped a better understanding of how to conduct my body paragraphs. Lastly, that specific example obtained the sophistication point but providing a counterargument. That helped understand that there is many different ways to obtain that point but that it is quite difficult. 

Summary: Today in class we reviewed past argumentative essays and used are rubrics to grade them. 

Reflection: I really liked what we did in class today. It helped me to get a better understanding of how to write an argumentative essay according to the rubric. It also helped me to better understand what the most efficient way to earn points is. All in all, it helped me to grasped a better understanding of how to write and do well on the Ap Lang Argumentative essay. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

Describe something you will never fully understand.