Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.

Prompt Response: I think the word that I would be most useful in my future would be the word archaic. This word means something that is very old. A situation that I would realistically use it is in my history classes or in my history major in college. When describing things from the past in papers, homework, or even just talking, I think it's a very useful word to get an idea of how old something is. I really want to do something with history when I am older and I feel like this vocabulary word would be extremely essential. 

Summary: Today in class we learned new vocabulary words and practiced them by doing exercises. 

Reflection: I really like when we have vocab Mondays. I struggle with vocab so learning new vocab really helps me to expand my thinking and professionalism when writing things especially papers. I love learning new words or even just relearning words that I forgot the meaning of. All in all I really enjoy learning new vocabulary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

Describe something you will never fully understand.