Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

Prompt Response: I always look at the rubric before I start assignment. Then I used it almost like a checklist to help guide me through the assignment. I could use the Ap Lang rubric as a roadmap because I would first do my introduction and conduct a well thought-out thesis, and make sure a make it's well reasoned to earn that point. Then I would use the rubric to make sure I write relevant evidence and commentary that would connect all claims not just some. Lastly, I would try and earn the sophistication point even though that's difficult. All in all, I would use the rubric as a roadmap to help guide me in my writing to make it sound best and to achieve the best score possible. 

Summary: Today in class, we looked at a previous AP Lang prompt and had a class discussion on how to dissect what the prompt is asking/looking for and we started to come up with evidences based of experiences. 

Reflection: I really liked the prompt that we looked at in class today. I found it to be very interesting to write about and to start coming up with evidences about. I obtained a better understanding of how to answer the prompt and to come up with relavent evidences that supports my claims. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

Describe something you will never fully understand.