Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

Prompt Response: During 8th grade I had to write a poem about my experience throughout middle school. The process was very long and tedious so that we were sure we had a great poem. I was not proud of the finish product. This was because I didn't really understand at the time what I was doing and how to write a poem. Now understanding how to write poems I wish I could go back and rewrite it because I think it would definitely be better.

Summary: Today in class we looked at a poem and annotated it to dissect the meaning of words and phrases. 

Refection: I liked what we did in class today a lot. Over the years I have had a difficult time understanding poems and the point they are trying to make. Going through and annotating it/ taking notes helped me to understand the poem better. I have a better understanding of how poems are written and how to read them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

Describe something you will never fully understand.