Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Prompt Response: This year in AP Lang I was given a prompt and had to write an argumentative paragraph. I didn't get the best grade and I was disappointed. I didn't fully understand the rubric and what I was doing. Knowing the "ins and outs" of a rubric can change the way I would approach an assignment because I would have a better understanding of what I need to do. It would also make me more confident because I would know exactly what to do and would make me feel like I could get a better grade. Now that I have taken notes on the rubric and understand it better I definitely think I would do significantly better on the assignment. I learned today, evidence and commentary should support and flow with each other and the claim as well. I didn't really understand that before but now I feel like I would do significantly better because I understand the rubric better.
Summary: Today in class, we learned about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric and took notes on it.
Reflection: I really grasped an understanding of the rubric and I liked taking notes about it. Taking notes really helps me understand specific details and things better. I now have a better understanding about how to write an argumentative essay specific to the AP Lang requirements.
Comments
Post a Comment