Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Prompt Response: The part of building the argument that is the most challenging part for me personally is the commentary. The commentary is challenging for me because I have a hardish time explaining my evidence and connecting it back to my claim. It's difficult for me to make sure I explain everything fully rather than in parts. With more practice though, I will become better at this skill. 

Summary: Today in class we learned how to build and create a line of reasoning by connecting a clear claim, evidence, commentary and conclusion. 

Reflection: I really liked what we did in class today. I learned some new information which will help me to become a better writer. The activity we did in class helped me to understand how to write a clear line of reasoning better. All in all I really enjoyed what we did in class today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

Describe something you will never fully understand.