Write about a fear you have overcome.

Prompt Response: A fear that I have overcome is thunderstorms and tornado's. When I was younger I watched the movie Twister. The next day I went to school and there was a major thunderstorm and we had to sit in the hallways for hours because of a tornado. That day was the beginning of my thunderstorm/tornado fear. That fear lasted for about 5 years until the day I was at the beach and my grandma made me sit outside with her during a tropical storm. This made me realize that yes storms can be dangerous but all storms aren't. That was the day I had overcome my intense fear. 

Summary: Today in class we reviewed our responses on writeable and discussed what we need to do to  improve better. 

Reflection: I liked today's class. Reading Mr. Rease's response on how I can improve my writing really helped me. It did make me realize that I need to read the prompt and directions more carefully. I didn't do too badly but hopefully I can improve more next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

Describe something you will never fully understand.